Intellectual Property Protections
For Creative Small Businesses
YOUR CREATIVITY IS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS ASSET — PROTECT IT!
Copyright And Trademark Services
- U.S. Copyright and Trademark registration
- Cease and Desist letters
- Copyright Small Claims Matter in front of CCB
- Royalties and Licensing Agreements
- Movie & TV Clearance for E&O & Distribution
- Respond to Claims of Copyright & Trademark Infringement
- Copyright & Trademark opinion letters and searches
- Copyright & Trademark Enforcement
- Negotiate & secure permissions for copyrights of others
- Review Copyright & other IP clauses in contracts
- Analysis and advice to protect intellectual property
- Train Employees the Business Copyright Basics
Explainer: Why Every Business Should Care About Copyright
Did you know one single instance of using someone else’s work without their permission can cost on average $1000 or more to resolve a claim of copyright infringement?Learn Here
Read on to find out more about why you should care about Copyright Law and Copyright Infringement as an artist, writer, musician, filmmaker, designer, content creator, or any kind of business.
Are you protecting or neglecting your intellectual property assets?
Are you confident you own your logo, website content or other brand assets
you've paid to be created for your business?
Do your agreements adequately address copyright and trademark ownership?
Do you have written assurances that the creative works made for you
are not infringing someone else's work?
Do you have an agreement with your independent contractors, vendors, freelancers, social media managers, web designers, et al., in writing?
Many small businesses consider these items as afterthoughts or not at all without realizing how much this can help or hurt their bottom lines.
Copyright and trademark laws touch every business.
If you hire ~
- ~ social media managers
- ~ website designers
- ~ branding specialists
- ~ graphic designers
- ~ marketing specialists
- ~ event planners
- Or any other type of contract worker.
Do you understand what constitutes copyright infringement, and what that might mean for your business?
Even a couple of thousand dollars for one instance of infringement can be financially crippling to a small business.
We are here to help businesses of all sizes understand how copyright and trademark law ~
- ~ affects your business
- ~ how to train your employees, and
- ~ how to better insulate your business from liability.
Reliable Resources on Copyright & Trademark
Guidance from the U.S. Copyright Office
Basics of copyright, including what types of things have copyright protection and what are your rights as a copyright holderCircular 1 Copyright Basics→
What Clients are Saying about Your Virtual Advocate
- ""I hired Ms. Hancock for a contract review and advice on intellectual property law. She did a phenomenal job with my request! Although we had a quick deadline, she met it and provided an excellent work product. She is an excellent communicator and responds to messages in a timely manner. Additionally I found her pricing to be extremely reasonable. I would happily recommend her service to others!"
- Small Business Owner, Contract Review and Copyright Infringement
"Julie is extremely thorough and quick to answer any and all questions. Highly recommended!"
- Entrepreneur, Copyright Advice
"Julie was such a pleasure to work with! Incredibly conscientious, respectful, knowledgeable and kind. She was always available to answer my questions, concerns or otherwise. She was amazing and I will definitely be hiring her again if/when I need her!"
- Photographer, Copyright Infringement
"Very fast turnaround! Did a very thorough research and took an amazing approach. Will certainly use her again."
- Online Travel Services, Copyright Infringement Defense
Our Promises to Our Clients
Upfront, all-inclusive flat fees. Clear communication. Truth and Honesty.
Always available. No matter the time zone. 24/7. Worldwide.
Big city lawyering. Small town rates. Legal counsel at your fingertips on your schedule.
Creative, actionable solutions that meet our clients' goals.
Dedication to our clients' cases. We strive to achieve positive outcomes 100% of the time.
Not sure what you need?
Get in touch today and let's figure it out, together!